2016: Adventure. Explore. Repeat.
I’m hesitant to list out New Years resolutions. Like my religion and faith, they are personal. I’ve publicized ideal changes in the past and the second I can’t hold up to them – whether they are unrealistic or I was too lazy – I lose all credibility (whatever credibility I have).
This year, instead, I think I’d rather reflect on the things I know make me feel whole as a person. Things I know bring me joy in no particular order, but are all significant in providing peace, bliss, and balance in my life. My goal for 2016 is to become a better, more giving, less judgmental, more forgiving, less opinionated person. It’s not that I’m going to “change” who I am, it’s just that I want to be a more conscious person of me: owning me and being proud of the results.
These are some things that bring me balance and how I plan to incorporate more of them in my life – this year and in all future years to come:
- Food. When I moved back from New York, I gave myself the gift of an education in Nutrition and Dietetics. Food is about feeding and caring for ourselves and others, having a scientific knowledge about food and health is something I need to take more pride in. I had a 4.0 GPA and have worked at some of the best hospitals in the state – I need to not let this go.
- Incorporate my degree and knowledge into my writing. Provide recipes with nutritional breakdowns and benefits.
- Share the food that I cook more. Teach more, preach less, and volunteer my time.
- Family. Matt and I are newly married and every time I think back to our wedding a huge smile comes over my face. I want to see his family more and continue spending with my family.
- Frame and hang the pictures we have of our families.
- We have the family reunion in July and I really want to fly out to Colorado to stay with his sister and her family.
- Take my niece and nephew on more adventures and day trips.
- Help my mom and dad more.
- Adventure and Explore. This is probably one of the most important ones that I have to commit to. I say this every year, but it NEEDS to happen. I love traveling – always have, always will – so now I need to kick it up a notch.
- Back to Utah and the mid-west. North east exploration. Return to the Pacific Northwest? I’m dying to go to New Mexico…
- Where else?
- Local Appreciation and Networking. This will be the easiest one to achieve…
- Take advantage of the monthly art walks.
- Take advantage of monthly networking opportunities to promote Balance of Bliss.
- Attend screenings and dinners at the Acme.
- Attend more shows in the area, New York, and Philly.
- Go to the opera, ballet, and symphony.
- Write more consistently.
- Add running to my pilates work out. Maybe sign up for a few races?
- Take more bubble baths.
- Embrace my daily routine and improve upon it.
- Become better at my career as a Communications Professional and really make a difference in the field. Career has always been important to me and while I don’t want it to take over my life, I do want it to be a part of my life that I’m proud of and successful at. I never want to have a job where I just “go to work day in and day out” – I want to be one of the best, if not the best in the field.
And, that’s a wrap… or, this is the start.